The One that Got Away

8/29/2013


 
So I am wearing this pair of pink pants in two consecutive posts. This reminds me of the time I wore my blue blazer thrice in a row as well. I feel slightly embarrassed about it. 

But this wasn't supposed to happen.


If you follow me on Twitter, you'd probably know the story since I was b*tching about it so much on Twitter. But if you aren't then this is how it went. So you guys know I went to Manila last weekend for a conference. We had Sunday off so I delegated that as my shopping day. As early as 11am, I was at Trinoma already, scouting for something to buy. I found 3 things I wanted that were well within my budget: a Tomato bag, a Promod top and maxi skirt.


I was on the fence about the maxi skirt though so I told myself I could come back for it later, as I would be having dinner with Dexter and Cindel at around 6pm. I left Trinoma to meet up with Ayessa. Finally when I went to Trinoma to come back for the skirt (and top cause I realized I wanted the skirt more), IT WAS SOLD. And the salesman even remembered the woman who bought it!! It was such a waste cause it was the last piece, in my size and it was on sale!!! Could anything get more perfect than that?  /wrists

To console myself I went to Tomato but even there the bag I wanted got sold!! Funnily enough, there was a Tomato at Glorietta too and Ayessa told me to buy the bag already but I didnt want to carry a bag around the MRT and then later on to our dinner so I didnt buy it. Afterall, there was a Tomato in Trinoma as well. Oh lord, that just wasnt my shopping day.


I did manage to get the cardigan I am wearing in this post from Landmark. I was even so happy about it cause I've been looking for the perfect cardigan and then I found it. I even posted a status about it saying something like the perfect cardigan is like the perfect guy: hard to find. But, who knows it could be there right in front of you, just not in the way you thought it would look like. Still, both will fit you right and keep you warm all the same. How's that for channeling my inner Carrie Bradshaw? Relating love to clothing. Haha

I feel the same about the maxi skirt as well. It's also like love. It's right there in front of you, it fits you right AND it practically has your name on it, but you chose to let it get away. (hashtag medyotanga) My friend even tweeted me back that "sometimes love finds its way back" but then I said "someone already got it" (aka someone already appreciated it more than I could). And then he said "Give it time. True love finds a way. :))" But should it ever get to me (I dunno, prolly via a garage sale or something) I don't want someone's leftovers. (Chos. Choosy pa eh) But yes it's true. We really don't know what we have til it's gone.

cardigan: Landmark || pants and shoes: SM || photos: Lorraine

I can't imagine how many times I've probably let something that was supposedly right for me go. I don't know. Maybe the skirt really wasn't for me. Maybe I'll find something (or someone) better. *creys*


TWITTER | TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | CHICTOPIA

Please like Davao Fashion Bloggers on Facebook

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...