Dress Like Your Favorite Disney Princess with Cocomelody

8/26/2015

When I was younger, I was very much enamored with Disney princesses. I remember asking my mom to have dresses similar to those of the Disney princesses made just for me. Even if I'm a bit (scratch that, a whole LOT) older, I can take a bit of my childhood  with me when I go to parties and actual balls!
The phrase "dressing like a Disney princess" doesn't necessarily mean that you have to COPY their exact outfit. That would be okay...for a costume ball. But for other special occasions, you can take elements of their outfit that you like and get inspiration from that. For this post, I chose to focus on each princess' iconic color. Hemlines can be kept short, like for homecoming dresses and other less formal occasions which don't require you to be in long gown.


The inspiration for the above dress is my favorite Disney princess Aurora from the Sleeping Beauty. There was a part in the movie where she and Prince Philip were dancing and her fairy godmothers were changing her dress to either pink or blue. I just associate Aurora with blue more.
This second dress, meanwhile, reminds me of Elsa from Frozen. I don't think I have to explain why!

While I love Princess Aurora for her beauty, I admire Belle from Beauty and the Beast for her brain. I think she was the first smart and independent Disney princess. Anyway, I don't think I have to explain why I chose this pretty yellow dress from Cocomelody, right? It reminds me of Belle! It's so obvious! :)


For this dress, I was reminded of Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I loved the movie for the songs but while Aurora was my kinda girl, Ariel was my sister's favorite! I did not pick a red dress like her hair but turquoise like her tail!! I think that aside from the hair, that should be one of her more recognizable features should be her tail, cause she's the only mermaid princess after all!

What do you think? The dresses are cute enough to be worn out but at the same time, take you back to your childhood.  It's kinda like a juxtaposition of your present and past. So when you think about the (homecoming) dance you're going to, you can think of how far you've come and what a grown up you are now! How's that for nostalgia? :P

I chose these dresses from Cocomelody.com. You can get some really Cheap homecoming dresses 2015 from them. 



PS. Cocomelody has a special promotion. Get free shipping on your homecoming dresses from August 10 to September 10, 2015!! :) Dresses are as low as $29!


TWITTER | TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | CHICTOPIA

Please like Davao Fashion Bloggers on Facebook

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...