Coffee Grounds by Golden Lion

9/24/2015


It's been a while since I posted something about food even though my friends and I have constantly been trying new places. I'm posting about this place, Coffee Grounds by Golden Lion, cause it's worth a second, third, fourth and multiple visits! I kept hearing about this place from my friends who keep posting about it on social media so I got curious. Finally last week, with one of my food buddies March, we got to check the place out. We loved it so much that we invited the rest of our food trip group to check the place out again. :)




Coffee Grounds by Golden Lion opened sometime in August, but it's quickly gained popularity among students because of the cool, hipster interior, great lighting and ambiance and value for money. Their staff are very friendly and helpful too.


On our first visit, March and I opted to share the Seafood pasta. Priced at P250, it comes with a pitcher of iced tea. The server said the pasta was good for two buuut if you're a huge pasta person like me, it won't be enough. The pasta tasted good--the sauce wasn't watery, it was very flavorful--so sulit naman our P250. *conyo* My only suggestion would be to maybe add a serving of bread next time?


On our second visit with Mai-mai, Jois and Marian yesterday, we ordered their Pepperoni and Basil pizza (P280). I think it was super worth it! I wanted to get my own pizza after. Huhu *piggy mode*
Since we stayed until dinner time, we got their rice meals. Since they are new, their food menu is not very extensive yet, and were a few items on the menu not available when we got there yesterday so we ordered Spam (P145, pictured in background) and Tocino (P145). The meals come with either coffee or iced tea. The server said the fried chicken and tocino are the best-sellers. Sulit yung Spam cause they gave 3 slices per order. Breakfast food at any time of the day is love.




They also have a second floor for big groups, but it was closed yesterday.


I noticed that they changed up their decor. The other week, there were pillows of the icons (Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe) but this week, it was London-themed decor. Last week, they had a photo booth area (first photo above) but this week, it was gone (cause we were able to get seats at the same area). This is a pretty cool concept since you wouldn't know what to expect every time you come visit, which makes it great for Instagram-ing.





Visit Coffee Grounds by Golden Lion at Roxas Boulevard, Davao City.
(Look for Golden Lion Dormitel, Coffee Grounds is just under that)
They're open from 11am to 12mn.

You can visit them and check their menu on Facebook.


TWITTER | TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | CHICTOPIA

Please like Davao Fashion Bloggers on Facebook

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...