Aquatic

1/03/2013



Cheers to the New Year!!
I am currently in school, blogging to kill time before my next class. I know, right? School right away? I couldn't even fathom it when my sister woke me up this morning. I was just about to snap at her for disturbing me (what with the perfect bed weather and all) but I remembered. Oh well I'm already here so no use griping about that.

Anyway, this is what I wore to the Davao Fashion Bloggers interview on Maayong Buntag Mindanao. We were interviewed on the last day of 2012 (what a way to end the year with the bang eh?) and I was informed that it was shown yesterday (but I wouldn't know cause I was asleep then). My aunt (and Dawn as well) saw it though; I still have to ask for a Youtube link from the producer so I can show it to you all. I've been interviewed on TV twice (once in UP 4 years ago for a shooting incident. I haven't seen it too so I expect it to be awkward when I finally get to watch myself on TV). I bet I appeared self-conscious on cam! I was so nervous!

The producer's concept for the story was our take on this year's trends. Having researched beforehand, we decided upon a few like black and white, white on white, red, sheer, brocade, yellow, denim etc and this is what I chose: Aquatic or Ocean inspired. I actually (again) chose this at the last minute..like 30 mins before our call time because I couldn't think of anything. Imagine my luck-- I can't believe these two pieces actually went together!


I like the fact that they're both blue but in different shades so it's not bo-ring! You guys who regularly read my blog know that I'm kind of conservative when dressing up (basic colors updated with trendy accents here and there + clean cuts) but I thought, I'm not always gonna be able to get away with bright colors so one of my fashion resolutions for 2013 was to be open and wear more color.
Hope you liked it!


blazer: Forever 21
romper and cuff: SOUL
wedges: Shoebox
Inspiration boards
Pinned Image Pinned Image
water theme spring 2013 fashion trends
and imagine my shock when I opened Camille Co's blog and saw her outfit:
itscamilleco.com1231201204
blue blazer + gold belt peg too!
PS. I reckon this was a trend this year cause 2013's actually year of the water snake.
PPS. First outfit shot of the year!!
Thank you Dawn and Kwesh for the photos :)
TWITTER | TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | CHICTOPIA

Please like Davao Fashion Bloggers on Facebook

6 comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...