Golden Globes 2013

1/14/2013

Awards Season Time again!
I love awards season for all the dresses and the trend spotting so let us start through my list shall we? This is my third Golden Globes picks list now by the way :)

One of the biggest trends of the night was red.

Claire Danes
Claire Danes in Versace
Claire Danes, who won a Golden Globe in Homeland, also was a winner for me in this outfit. It's simple but striking which is her style, I've noticed.

Zooey Deschanel
Zooey Deschanel in Oscar dela Renta
I love that this dress is so her, but at the same time it isn't her as well. Maybe it becomes her because her personality just shines through? Either way, I love her look. This is also a definitely a more glamorous choice than her quirky one last year.

Megan Fox in Dolce and Gabbana
I'm not a huge Megan Fox fan but out of all the nude frocks that were sported that night, she rocked everyone's socks off. I guess it helps if you are Megan Fox.

Pinned Image
Kate Hudson in McQueen
When I first saw this dress, I thought "Why?" but later on, it grows on you. Now, I absolutely adore this dress.

Pinned Image
Anne Hathaway in Chanel
If there is further proof that Anne Hathaway has made the A-list, it's that she can get away with such a simple gown and still look stunning. Vintage Chanel as a choice? Proof she is one classy lady. The BEST.


This year was quite disappointing, fashion-wise. There were just so many looks that were almost there. Take Kerry Washington for example, I would've liked her dress but it wasn't even floor length--it was ankle length, which is a really awkward length especially in sheer. Taylor Swift's dress, which seemed to be a lot of people's favorites, was not one of mine. Given that her look was solid, I didn't like the color. The color made her look old; she's only 23 for fashion's sake!!! Marion Cotillard's dress was good but I didn't like the fact that her hair was down and parted in the middle. Knowing that she can look more glamorous than that, it was disappointing because she looked very much underdressed to me. There were also too many nude fishtail dresses (Hayden Panettiere, Amy Adams, Amanda Seyfried) Disappointments for me came from Sienna Miller and Nicole Kidman because I know they could have done better. And Lucy Liu? No, just no.


A good thing though was that Amy Poehlr and Tina Fey were hosting!! They are the dynamic duo behind Mean Girls so the night was sure to be full of laughs (or so I heard!). Why didn't anyone think of this sooner?

So, what do you think? Who was your best dressed?

TWITTER | TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | CHICTOPIA

Please like Davao Fashion Bloggers on Facebook

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...