I Wanna Know What Love Is

9/10/2013


Of the little I know of love, I know this much: love is so complicated and paradoxical that no word can fully encompass it nor define it. Why do you think people try to classify it in four kinds: agape, philia, eros and . Anyway why am I talking about something I know so little of? I guess it’s the effect of my Philosophy readings seeping into my system. I try as hard as I can to understand much of it [love, and the readings as well] and so far, I’ve picked up quite a few things to supplement my meager understanding of it.



First, it isn’t love if you don’t become foolish or blind. It’s weird and inexplicable how in love, we tend to look past the other’s qualities and attributes when in fact that’s part of what drew us to the other in the first place. I also find it strange how people advise us to leave a little part of love for ourselves but then it’s said that you can’t truly love someone if you don’t give yourself wholly? Cause there was a part in our reading that said if you’re too self-centered *cough* me *cough*, you tend not to notice the appeal of other. Is that part of the reason why I have yet to find someone to love? I thought part of the reason why I’m focusing more on myself is to better myself so that when I’m at my best, someone will love me. But if that’s the case, why are there some ‘broken people’ that get to be in love (and eventually whole again later on) when they weren’t complete to begin with? These are some of the thoughts swirling in my head right now (*imagines those memories in a Pensieve*); they’re just one giant mess! #philo


Another thing I’m sure of though, is this: if you aren’t happy single, you won’t be happy in a relationship. Love yourself and work on yourself til you become the best version of yourself. That’s something Heidi has always told me that I haven’t really gone around to doing. Last thing, I believe we all need companionship and some sort of validation. It may or may not be love, but I think we all need some form of affirmation: both from ourselves and from others. Perhaps this is why some people look for love, thinking it’s love they need when in fact, it’s probably the attention or companionship they’re seeking. I really don’t know. What are your thoughts? What do you think love is?


Anyway, this is what I wore to our school fiesta last Sunday. I had come from Samal—we spent Eda’s birthday there Saturday night and then we went back to the city early Sunday morning. I went home with all intent of going to the parade but alas, my bed’s magnetic pull was too strong for me to resist. I missed the entire morning but this is what I wore to the afternoon activities. I chose this dress (worn as a skirt) as the colors were cheery and reminded me of the festive banners hung around. Sorry about the photos though. These were taken with a digicam and I don't know how to edit. :(


skirt: dept store || bag: Ichigo || shoes: Payless || hat: Parfois


What do you think of the outfit though? Love it or love me? Haha J


TWITTER | TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | CHICTOPIA

Please like Davao Fashion Bloggers on Facebook

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...