Remember September

9/28/2013


You know the song "Wake Me Up When September Ends"? I think it could go two ways. One, the literal meaning: wake me up when September ends. Like, September is such a long, slow (and probably bad) month that you just wish it could be over. Or two, it could also mean that September is such a fast month. For me, I think it's the latter. I blinked and *poof*, before I could stop to catch my breath, I realize that September is coming to a close.


My September was pretty much a blur. A (not) stressful surreal blur. This month's highlight was that I started going back to the gym again, and religiously at that. Funny how I found time to go back when it's pre-final period (aka crunch time). I won't be sharing much more since I might jinx it, like the last time I undertook steps to lose weight. But the reason as to why I did it was well.. If I don't start now, when will I ever? If I wanna see results, I have to do something about it. And I realized that I really do have to make time for exercise. No excuses. So far, in the past 2 weeks I've been going to the gym, I realized as well that exercise really not just only involves the physical state of being but the mental as well. I have to mentally condition myself sometimes to just push and keep on going.


Anyway, this is what I wore to my "blogger day". That day, I dropped by the Make Your Own Havaianas event at the Abreeza Activity Center as well as went to check out Browhaus Davao. I think I was at a rush that day so I again turned to navy blue (old habits die hard). I just wanted to wear something simple yet youthful and classy. When I wore this, I actually thought of this as something I'd wear on a date.Wow, thereslikethat? But yes. It's simple, comfortable and feminine. I hope my future date will appreciate me wearing this. Haha =))


Random realization: I was just watching the NU-UST game and as you probably may know by now, UST won so they're facing DLSU in the Finals. I'm happy that UST won cause they've earned it and shown they really want it (plus the Teng brothers will be facing each other #inTENGseduel) BUT I realized that really, life is really a game of give and take. Some people were rooting for NU and others for UST, but inevitably one side would end up disappointed at the end of the day (this case, it's NU). And it really is weird cause you can really see the contrast: one side is happy while the other is in tears. If you're on the happy side, it's like you wanna be happy but at the same time, feel guilty cause your happiness came at the expense of others. At the same time, if you're sad, you wanna be happy for your friends but then you can't help but be sad. To quote Stefan (to Damon) from The Vampire Diaries: "I'm not happy you got Elena, but I'm not not happy for you either"

top: H&M || skirt: Cotton On || shoes: Payless || bag: Feebee's || photos: Dawn
I guess the important thing to learn about life is that you can bounce back from your falls. Some people choose to end their lives but some trudge on (albeit begrudgingly). That's the beauty of life. There are always, always ALWAYS second chances around the corner.
TWITTER | TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | CHICTOPIA

Please like Davao Fashion Bloggers on Facebook

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...