Trendspotting: Pajama Dressing

10/11/2013


I am going to "bombard" you with more fashion (and not personal style) posts as I haven't done a lot for the past few months. Mostly, my posts were of my outfits or what went on in my life, or my thoughts on things so I'll try to go the other route and share things that caught my eye. (Besides I have yet to shoot more outfits soon! Gah!)

One of these is pajama dressing.
We used to have lingerie dressing: innerwear as outerwear, now we have this.
While browsing through the usual style and inspiration blogs, this trend caught my eye. I love how it evokes a relaxed yet elegant and fuss-free mood. However, when done wrong, it can also look bad. Here are some inspirations I got from the internet:




Mostly, the most commonly used piece are pajama pants. You'd immediately know they're pajama pants cause they're loose, usually harem-like, have drawstrings and just generally have a fun print. But, like the first photo, people can also use a big floppy (pajama) polo but personally, I wouldn't recommend it. It's kind of unflattering to me.


See? I'm not exactly a fan on how these looks turned out. I somehow feel Jessica Alba just slipped on her Manolos to step out to buy some milk in the middle of the night. My general advice would be to balance everything out. Keep everything streamlined and polished, as shown on the street style photos.
 I would have my own version but then you might not want to see my Christmas themed pajama bottoms! Although I do admit it would be a challenge to style them to wear out. :) Anyway I've only seen the pajama trend on a few local bloggers, Kryz, Laureen and Ana to name a few. There are a lot of local and international retailers offering pajama-inspired pieces though. I know SOUL has them and I saw a pair at Dorothy Perkins as well.

Laureen Uy in Marc Jacobs, one of the advocates of the trend
photos from their blogs

What do you think of the trend? Yay or nay?


TWITTER | TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | CHICTOPIA

Please like Davao Fashion Bloggers on Facebook

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...