Stylish Saturdays: Carolina Engman

1/21/2012

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday! :)

Thank you for the feedback in my last entry. After I published that blog post, a lot more tips and idea sprang into mind so I'll share them as soon as I can.

Right now I'll be adding a new section in my blog: Stylish Saturdays.
It'll be kind of like my inspiration board in fashion. So expect fashion bloggers, mood boards, collections and the like.

For this first edition of Stylish Saturday, I'll be sharing to you my favorite international style blogger Carolina Engman of fashionsquad.com.




The basics:


Carolina Engman is a Swedish blogger, model and stylist. She started Fashion Squad in 2006, and since has been featured in magazines from all over the world. She is also currently the face for the brand MURUA.



Almost everybody I know loves Rumi Neely of Fashion Toast (because of her effortless style) but Carolina is my favorite. When you dissect her outfit, it's basically just basic pieces, but when you mix them up together, they have this certain character. I don't know if it's got something to do with European women and their inner chic, but not everybody has got it.


Take a look at the photo above. It's your basic sweater + skirt combo but she makes it look so glamorous! 

To me, she gives off that forever classy look I want to achieve. That look that if you see her photos 10 years from now, it won't look dated. That is my peg in life!


I kind of love the fact that her photos look like she's running away from the paparazzi. Sometimes, she also has this model off-duty look.



I think it was she who also got me into wanting (faux) fur stoles! Ask my friends, there was a period in my life I was obsessed with them!

white fur vest + white tee + leather pants + a good bag = takes you places


She's all about the clothes and doesn't really focus on piling up the accessories.


She also wears color and print, allowing the color to stand out as the accessory. Notice how she isn't wearing jewelry here, save a watch? (very Farrah, I must say haha)

By the way, that bag is a MUST!


Visit fashionsquad.com to see much more of Carolina :-)

(photos from fashionsquad.com)

5 comments

  1. Wow. She is amazing and beautiful. Gotta follow her. <3


    http://xoxostrawberry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. shes pretty! her skinny-ness and pale-ness amazed me!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Claudine and TNF: HAHA glad to have "influenced" you to Team Engman! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Farrah! I love her so much she's also my style icon :) She has this effortless style that I think not any of the fashion bloggers today possess, which makes Carolina unique in many ways! Good post! Kudos :)

    Jade of www.hellotherejade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jade! Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...