Obrigado 2012

2/02/2012


I started out my week really busy. I had school in the morning and a event and shoot for SOUL Lifestyle in the afternoon. 


I was invited by my cousin ate Marga, to the Havaianas media lunch called Obrigado. Obrigado is the Portuguese word for "Thank You". And certainly, Havaianas has so much to be thankful for. Ate Marga and our cousin, ate Tisha brought Havaianas to Mindanao in 2005. Six (ongoing seven) years later, they are going strong!


The lunch was held in Cellar de Oboza. It's my third time at Oboza, and you know what they say. Third time's the charm!

 When I entered, I noticed the place setting, the decorations, and the other little details. Everything was so nice They really put a lot of thought into everything! 


As usual, the food was amazing! Tricie Arcenas whipped us up a delectable and healthy organic feast for lunch.





The nice thing about this event was that everything was green! From the food which was organic, to the press kit (a bag which is big enough that it can be used as a shopping bag!), meal card (made out of recycled Havaianas boxes), decorations, etc.



Ate Marga (sorry I know it sounds unprofessional to call her ate but I feel like it's too awkward not to!) showed us a video of Havaianas events in 2011. They had the roll-up store, which traveled to other Mindanao provinces, Make Your Own Havaianas event, the Havaianas Black Velvet party to launch the embellished collection, a car sticker event, and a lot of out-of-the-box events.


2012 will be a big year for Havaianas because they are celebrating their 50th year as the world's favorite flipflop brand!

Havaianas started in 1962 from the breezy culture of Hawaii and the serene design of Japan. Today, you can see marks of its original parentage in the iconic rice pattern sole of each Havaianas pair and the exuberant colors and style that influence each style. This year, the brand ushers new colors, styles and designs with the all-new Havaianas 2012 collection! (I'll be doing a separate post on that)



Thanks for the invite ate Marga! I super had fun! :)

 Leaving you all with a photo of Tricie Arcenas' famous strawberry shortcake to finish off! 
Yum yum yum!

(photos from bobmataphoto.com)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...