Best Dressed List: Oscars

2/27/2012


I love awards seasons!

Its a chance for me to see (and critique) gorgeous gowns, which I will raaaaarely have the chance to wear. I live vicariously through these celebs.


My ultimo best dressed is Penelope Cruz in Armani Prive.
I love the simplicity of the whole look. To me, its something royalty would wear (like Julie Andrews in Princess Diaries). She doesn't have to try hard; she's already an A-lister.




Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford
I love the simplicity of the whole look. Period.
I can't explain it, is it the hair? The single diamond cuff?
 But I'll definitely say this: it takes a lot of restraint to keep something in its pure, pristine, untouched state.




Tina Fey in a custom Carolina Herrera
This is also a shining example of how simplicity can work for you.


Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen
This look I love for the balance. The dress is beautifully intricate so she balanced it off with subdued make-up and a simple hairstyle.


Kristin Wiig in J. Mendel
I love the dress, no doubt about it, but to me it was a safe choice. Plus, the hair color was too informal for the Oscars.


Shaleine Woodley in Valentino Couture
People have been putting this dress on the Worst Dressed List cause they say it isn't age-appropriate. They say it makes her look old. If you look at just the dress, I think it's beautiful. It has that vintage feel to it. I bet a more modern take on it would be to have the hair loose?


Leslie Mann in Roberto Cavalli
I love this look because it combines simplicity and sparkle. I think the hairstyle suits her too. =)


Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab
Milla Jovovich channeled some old Hollywood glam in this dress with serious sparkles. I love the whole look. :)


Other noisemakers:
*Angelina Jolie's black Versace dress.
I mean it's nice and all, and her right leg stole the show (Her right leg has a twitter account, by the way!) but I honestly find having her in every best-dressed list so overrated. Plus I found her hair too light for the intense black gown.
*Emma Stone's Giambasta Valli gown
I love Emma Stone, I think she rocked the dress. Yes, even though it does take us back to Nicole Kidman's 2007 dress. I mean, if you're gonna copy/take a style peg from someone else's look, best you copy from someone like Nicole Kidman.
*J.Lo's Zuhair Murad gown
I read lots of tweets about it, but when I saw it, I got disappointed. Maybe cause I don't like the arm-bearing part, or maybe its the updo that was a bit too ferocious.
*Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton
I don't know why this dress was fussed over. There's a tiny silver bow at the waist that I hate! But I mean, compared to her other kiddie-looking looks, this looks a tad better.

Top 3 trends:
*Sparkle
*Simplicity
*Safe and so-so

Sorry if I sound so harsh! haha.
Tell me what you think!
Who is your best dressed?

3 comments

  1. i liked most what Kristin Wiig and Jessica Chastain wore during this event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pick Tina Fey from your list.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...