Fitness: C25K

5/23/2014


Disclaimer: I'm not an expert nor do I claim to be. Everything in this post is what I chose to do and what works for me.

I'm not an avid fan of running since I tire easily but I thought that this should be exactly my motivation for starting a running program. While browsing through fitness forums, I chanced upon a running program called C25K, or Couch to 5K. It's a 9-week program that promises to prepare you for your first 5K. I checked it out and it seemed pretty manageable. I hope I'd be able to join my first 5K by my birthday.


The program focuses more on endurance and not speed as it says speed will come later on. I need to build endurance since like I said, I tire and huff easily. Hopefully through the program, I'll learn to at least enjoy running since another thing holding me back from joining races is that I tend to think of the distance I have to run makes me not want to start a race altogether! But, I thought, if the Biggest Loser Philippines contestants were able to finish a half-marathon, why can't I do the same? Soon. Someday. All in time, right? But I do have to start somewhere.


I'm currently on Week 2, Day 3 and I've noticed my lungs are getting stronger. I don't stop as much as I used to and I still have the energy to run a little more after each time interval allotted. I'll try to give updates about my progress as the weeks go by. Has anyone else done this? Do you want to join me? :) There's also a treadmill version of the C25K running program which you can do while you're at the gym as well.



Gotta do some stretches!




Starting a running program that helps build endurance is also helpful for me cause I do boxing. I love it and I'm serious about it. I really wanna get better at it!



photos by my brother
 I've also started a 21-day no junkfood challenge but I stopped at day 11. Such a shame cause I was halfway! But even though I've stopped, it doesn't mean I'm gonna jump at the chance to eat the junk food I want. I still try to live by it day to day even if I'm off it.  It takes 21 days to form a habit and since I'm a bit of a carbo-loving sweet tooth, this challenge appealed a lot to me since I want to break the habit. Here are the basic rules of the challenge:

(credits to the owner)

I lost 2.5 lbs those 11 days I was on it!
 
 
 
TWITTER | TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | CHICTOPIA

Please like Davao Fashion Bloggers on Facebook

2 comments

  1. So proud of your determination, Effie! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HLT! :"> We're changing na. I'm becoming "sporty" and you're becoming a full-fledged girl na! HAHA :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...