Sheer

10/17/2011

Last Friday, my family and I decided to forego our usual mall trip to have dinner at Nonki, a (gulps) Japanese restaurant at Torres St. Apparently, the Japanese reign at home has not ended yet. For the past few weeks, we’ve been having Japanese for dinner upon the insistence of my brother, who craves for kani sushi.

Anyway, this time, I did not mind so much that we ate Japanese again because the food was so good! Chubby ate 4 orders of kani sushi by himself as usual. Another plus would be that the place was also so nice and peaceful. We were seated at a private booth which reminded me of the traditional Japanese dining rooms I see on my sisters’ anime shows. It was a peaceful and welcome change from the usual noisy mall restaurants. Timmy, who was in a bad mood earlier that night, managed a smile when she saw that they had manga (comics) available for reading upon entering.









Chubby's kani
Right after dinner, we had dessert at Yoh-Froz, which was a few steps away. I actually got shocked, because my dad rarely ever allows us to get desserts after dinner.My sister Feebee and I had choco Belgian waffles.







Because the place had really good lighting, my sister Feebee took some outfit shots of me.










I wore a sheer cropped top from Oxygen, jeans and leopard flats from Shoebox. Simple, effortless but with a little spunk. I love this top I got from Oxygen. I was just obsessing with sheer clothing and itching to wear or own something sheer, when I found this top. I thought I might not be able to pull it off because I was afraid of showing a lot of flesh.

Right now, I am inspired by elegant women like Carolina Herrera, Grace Kelly and the Grace Kelly/Audrey Hepburn of our generation, Emma Watson. I saw this quote of hers on Facebook and was inspired because a lot of people look up to her, yet she does not conform to society’s standards. She is quite old fashioned and believes in being conservative! Good news for conservative girls like myself.
The quote goes like this:


Modest is Hottest, Ladies. "I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with photographs people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that. Personally, I don’t actually think it’s even that sexy. What’s sexy about saying, ‘I’m here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I’ve got?’ My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder. - Emma Watson

I had a really great, chill weekend. So, how was yours?

Like my online shop Accessorish on Facebook! We will be doing a giveaway once we reach 250 likes! So, check us out! :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...