Hong Kong Disneyland!

4/16/2012







 



my "I survived Space Mountain" face



in the train






This is what happened on Day 2 of our Hong Kong trip: Disneyland!

When we got to Disneyland, everything felt surreal! Stepping into Main St, I felt as if I was in a movie set. Everything was so whimsical and I noticed everything was well thought of: from the color scheme, design and little details! Even the manhole cover had a Mickey Mouse print--literally a hidden Mickey!

We first explored Tomorrowland. We rode the Orbitron (practically a kiddie ride, pfft!) until my daredevil sister Timmy suggested we go try Space Mountain. Now, our lolo warned us about it but then it seemed so harmless and all of my siblings tried it out so I ended up joining. BIG MISTAKE. I couldn't stop screaming and to think I was sitting next to my little brother. I kept trying to hold his hand but he kept taking it off. At the end of the ride, I was just plain relieved and my brother went "THAT.WAS.AWESOME". Then I found out a few days ago that my sister Feebee also rode Space Mountain cause everyone else was joining. Na-peer pressure kami! All good though, at least one thing off my bucket list.

In Tomorrowland, we also rode the cars and played Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (it was funny and awkward seeing my mom shooting with us--kinarir nya eh!). After, we went to Fantasyland to go on "Its a Small World". That was so amazing and nice! We also went on the Cinderella Carousel and we also took the tour of Disneyland via the train station. =)

After that, we went to Adventureland and rode the Jungle River Cruise. By then, it was around 3:30pm already so my mom, Felicia and I went to see the parade while my dad and the younger ones went to Toy Storyland. Too bad we had to leave by 5pm though so I wasn't able to see the fireworks. :( After the parade, we all met up at Main St and ate at one of the cafes serving Mickey Mouse shaped waffles! :) By then, everyone was tired, so we went back to the hotel.

My entry seems so short but we were there from 10am-5pm, so that's 7 hours!! I thought Disneyland was huge but it's relatively small since it's easier to navigate than Ocean Park! There were lots of Filipinos there also--from the performers to park visitors. Heck, we even sat next to Filipinos at the cafeteria we ate lunch in (they were from Cebu). =))

Anyway, that's all for now. I have to go make my Psych homework! My teacher asked us for the Brodmann Area--it's the organization of the brain--and I am reminded of Derek Shepard (Patrick Dempsey) from Grey's Anatomy by it. HAHA. K, random. =))

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...