White's Hot: The Fall

10/21/2012


"Concentrate on comfort - even if that means wearing the same thing over and over, because when I feel comfortable, I feel so much more relaxed and have a much better time."

So says one of my favorite actresses and role models Emma Watson. I guess I don't have to say why I emulate her--she's beautiful, talented, rich, classy and smart--everything I want to be and am striving to be. It brings me so much comfort knowing that she is also a believer in dressing for yourself. I think I wrote an entry here on my blog once wherein I shared that time I "dressed to impress" during UP enrollment (or didn't I?) and ended up getting blisters for wearing my best (and new) shoes. I can also think of other instances wherein I wore something fasyon and ended up not enjoying the event I went to. Learning from those mistakes, I try to meet in the middle of trendy and classic-comfortable. I mean, what's the point of looking great if you can't have a good time?
Being a comfortable chic kind of girl, basics in neutral colors (black, white, navy and gray) tend to be my best friends. I guess regular readers of this blog know this already since I am photographed often wearing the same pieces styled a little bit differently. In college, I used to wear (and buy) black almost all the time because it was slimming and it made me look fair. I was never into white tops because I got traumatized by the time I was photographed in a stretchy white shirt I had that showed everything and hid nothing. However, when we were in Hong Kong, I saw this white shirt in Uniqlo and conceded that yes, I needed something white in my closet. Since then, this has been one of my go-to tops. I really wish I bought another one. It goes well with everything!



top: Uniqlo
pants: Forever 21
shoes: SM Parisian

I wore this to meet up with my friend Heidi. I wanted an outfit that was simple, but not too simple and predictable so I played with a little bit of color. My pants are rust-colored, which is very 'in' right now. I've seen several brands with rust-colored clothing like Penshoppe and Oxygen. A tip: a white shirt and pants/shorts combo is the best canvas for when you can't think of anything to wear. Just add accessories and lo! Different looks for different moods. I love the fact that I can pair my basic white tee with a trendy colored bottom for a look that's classic yet updated. It was cold in the mall, so I wore this giraffe-printed scarf so it won't be all solid colored. It was a daytime meeting and extremely hot so I didn't want to wear black. If I did, it would've looked too strong, agree? White (top) + hot (weather) = white's hot!

Hope you like my outfit! :)
Like White's Hot on Facebook

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...