Vera Wang F/W 2011

11/04/2011

People who know me best know how much I love weddings! I love looking through wedding sites, Tumblr wedding sites and designers' wedding gown designs. I love wedding photography--it looks hard but I think the results truly pay off--and of course, wedding dresses! I love the girly feel it brings--tons and tons of chiffon, tulle. And although there are also structural and classic wedding gowns, think about it, it still has that girly element to it. Doesn't every bride feel like that little girl they once were, finally getting their dream come true?

 I just haven't gotten around posting about weddings on this blog though, cause you guys might think I want to get hitched already! No way, highway! Anyway, every bride-to-be has a go-to designer in mind when it comes to wedding dresses and that is Vera Wang.

Vera Wang creates the most gorgeous, ethereal, feminine dresses. It's like her hand was as light as a feather while sketching. If I were to be a wedding gown designer, how I wish I could be half as good as her. I looked through her website and here are some of my favorites. Most of them came from the F/W 2011 collection.


This dress is called the Harlow from the S/S 2012 collection. Classic ballgown shape. Perfect for the unconventional bride who doesn't wanna wear white. (BTW, did you ever notice that Vera loves cinching the waist with a sash?)




This one is also from the S/S 2012 collection is called Hayden. It is very architectural, and reminds me very much of Philippine designer Cary Santiago's avian-inspired designs.

The dresses from here on now are from the F/W 2011 collection.


I love neckline of this dress--how it adds to the softness of the dress instead of making it a bustier like it was supposed to be.


I just love the simplicity of this one. I think it would suit a young and elegant bride.


I normally don't fancy dresses when they have these little bits of sheer cloth on them but in this case, for me, it works.


Another architectural-inspired gown, softened. The detail on top reminds me of whipped cream! I love that it is a one-shoulder neckline. I usually don't see that in wedding gowns. It's always bustier, bustier, bustier!

So, do you have your dream wedding gown design in mind? Show me! I'd love to hear about it!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...