Villa Christmas

11/10/2011


I woke up today feeling chilly despite not having turned on the electric fan in our room. That only means one thing:

CHRISTMAS!!!!!

I really look forward to Christmastime here because of a lot of things. There's suddenly a lot to do. There's a reason to shop. Believe it or not, I enjoy the hustle and bustle of the malls during Christmastime. I feel triumphant every time I leave the mall unscathed with awesome picks to boot. I want to try to do the whole shopping for your gift the whole year round but it's hard. It entails a lot of planning and I'm pretty spontaneous. 

I love Christmastime cause it's cold. I love that we have an excuse to take out our coats (haha, hello red trench!) and boots! I love Christmas cause it's the time where families get together and celebrate Christ's birth. Somehow, beneath all the capitalism (with the gifts and spending), the true essence of Christmas really lies in togetherness. What are all the festivities for, if not to partake in them with the people you love?

I want to share with you how my family celebrates Christmas.


We celebrate Christmas every year in the same way. On Christmas eve, we attend a 6pm mass. The mass used to be held at Villa Margarita, where we would have our clan's Christmas Party but now it's at the chapel behind Redemptorist Church cause there are so many of us.

As you can see, we really get dressed up for the Christmas party. For the past 3 years or so, my family has had a theme. For example, in Christmas 2008, my sisters dressed up in anime school girl-inspired ensembles. I think the family picture turned out great, don't you think? :)

Christmas 2008
That was a pretty special Christmas cause my first cousins from Manila came home!
I remember my dad getting mad at us the night before they were to leave cause we went to Jack's Ridge without his permission. We said we were just gonna get sundaes in McDonald's but we took a spontaneous side trip to Jack's Ridge! 
Good times.


Ah, I look thinner (than I am now) there. :(

Christmas 2009: All about the scarf belt + brights.

My mom wanted to wear brights for a change since almost everyone wears black. Believe it or not, my sister's blue dress was bought exactly on the 24th. And yeah, I look like the mom here. :(
Christmas 2009

Christmas 2010: Dark Color Palette + Glitter Eyeliner

Feebee was the only one wearing white cause she was our little (plump) Christmas angel. It's very timely, cause she was born on Christmas day. :)

Oh, and it doesn't show but we all put on glittery eyeliner.
Christmas 2010
Just wanted to share a picture of Chubby, cause he looks so handsome.


I wonder what our theme will be this year. Hmm..
Anyway, I have 46 
45 days
 to think about it! If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! :-)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...