Beauty Review: Natasha Trio Eyeshadow in Sultry Smoke

9/19/2011

To be honest, I'm not a huge eye shadow user. As an on-the-go student, putting on eye shadow cannot fit my allotted 5-minute beauty ritual. I just usually put on powder and blush, for some color. Sometimes, when I am not running late, I curl my lashes and put on mascara but never eye shadow. Why? I find it over the top, especially for school.

Don't get me wrong though, after attending FIDA's 3-day basic make-up workshop, I have been practicing how to do eye make-up and blend colors. When I'm bored at home, I practice putting on eye make-up using the Estee Lauder eye shadow palette my aunt gave me for my 18th birthday.

Speaking of Estee Lauder, did you know that they are manufactured at the same Italian lab (Intercos) that produces Natasha Beauty? It's in the blog entry I made about the beauty soiree I attended last Sunday (Missed it? click here). The only difference is the packaging. Usually, these branded make-up cost so much because of packaging, and perhaps the marketing as well--the other brands market their products on a global scale!


Anyway, the product I am reviewing is the Natasha Sultry eyeshadow.
Sorry about the low-res photos. My camera's quite old. I've been meaning to get a new one.

1. PACKAGING

 

It looks sleek, sexy and quite expensive. In fact, it reminds me of a US-brand make-up, Sleek Make-up. Meanwhile, on the inside, I was a bit iffy about the tin plates which hold the product because they were visible and reminded me of the refillable Johnson face powder you can buy in groceries.


2. PRODUCT


For fun, I tried both my Estee Lauder eye shadow and the Natasha one. I'm not a huge fan of the Estee Lauder one to begin with because of the low color pay-off. But wait, what is color pay-off? It is the measure of intensity of the color. It depends on the amount of pigment used in the make-up. Make-up is usually composed of pigment (which gives it color and is expensive), filler (an emollient for wet make-up, talc for powder make-up) and a stabilizer. Products like MAC have a high color pay-off, which is why you don't need to apply a lot of product, and why it stays on longer.

Anyway, whenever I use my Estee Lauder eye shadow to apply smoky eye make-up for parties, I noticed that it looks dark in the mirror, but in pictures, it's like I didn't put on make-up.

 

On my left eye is the Estee Lauder one and on the right is the Natasha shadow.

I tried to recreate the look sir Benjie taught us. The photos don't show it but the Natasha shadow appeared darker on the skin, which is good. It also has a really nice shimmer to it, compared to the Estee Lauder one, which looks quite dull. However, what I didn't like about the Natasha eye shadow was that it was too glittery. It doesn't look glittery lying there on the plate, but it gave me problems once I applied it because it was a bit difficult to remove. I had to redo my eye make-up because I had to use make-up remover to remove it.


3. PRICE

For 290php, I can definitely say that it is worth it. It is long-lasting, hypoallergenic and formulated to suit the Filipina skin tone. It s quality can compete with international brands, so I would definitely say it's a good buy. You can forego the black eye shadow for day wear and just put a bit of the gray, then highlight your brow bone with the white one.


Overall Rating: 4/5


Hope I got to help!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...